Benefits of Massage & Hot Stone Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Benefits of HOT STONE MASSAGE:
- Exceeds the physical experience of a typical massage and enters deeper dimensions of relaxation, health and well being, creating a positive approach to Body-Mind-Spirit philosophy.
- Hot stones effectively increase circulation, which allows deeper work with less discomfort.
- Stone massage has been proven to be especially helpful for people with fibromyalgia, arthritis, and sports related injuries.
- Releases toxins from the body.
- Satisfies human longing for touch.
- A calming and soothing massage can do wonders in giving you an emotional boost, leaving you with a happier more positive outlook on life.
- Effective in muscle relaxation.
Precautions to Hot Stone Massage:
- If you have high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, or are under the care of a physician, please consult your physician before receiving Hot Stone Massage.
- Hot Stone is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Heat sensitivity.
- Blood clots.
- Cancer, chemotherapy, or radiation treatments.
- Lupus, HIV/AIDS
- Vericose veins.